The Gambia Press Union School of Journalism is a media academy for journalism and communication. The school aims to provide a broad based high quality training for journalists and communicators. It offers a curriculum modeled to the UNESCO standards, accredited and certified by the National Accreditation and Quality Assurance Authority.
The school values tolerance, independence and social responsibilities in a holistic atmosphere under a conducive environment to ensure excellence.
The school offers certificate, diploma and advanced diploma in journalism, communications and multimedia as well as short and specialized courses to meet the demands of the market.
We are looking for a suitably qualified candidate for the position of a Director Training and Administration.
• A first degree or equivalent qualification in journalism, education or any social science field
• Professional teaching qualification
• Maximum three years teaching experience
• Ability to write concept notes and budgeted project proposals for the school
• Ability to manage projects, including writing financial reports
• Skills in classroom management
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to coordinate a team of trainers (academic and professional staff)
• Ability to maintain a high training and learning standards
• Ability to learn new trends
• Commitment to diversity
Salary: An annual salary and allowances of Two hundred and forty thousand dalasi (D240, 000) after tax is attached for the position.
Successful candidate will commence work on January 1, 2018, or preferably December, 2017.
Interested candidates can call the following numbers for inquiry: 9289568 and 7893861.
Application for the position should be accompanied by a C.V together with relevant academic and professional certificates.
Deadline: The deadline for submission of applications is Friday, Dec 5, 2017. All applications must be addressed to:
The Managing Director
Gambia Press Union Journalism School
C/O Gambia Press Union secretariat
New Allotment Area
P. O. Box 1440, Banjul
All applications should be dropped at the Gambia Press Union secretariat from 8:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.